Choosing sports sunglasses and sports protective eyewear.
The main considerations when choosing sunglasses for your sport should be.
• The shape and material of the frame.
• The material and design of the lenses.
• The colour and density of the tint.
For many sports the ideal materials for both the frame and the lenses will be ones that are both impact resistant and lightweight. The shape should afford wide fields of vision to ensure clear sight even in the peripheral areas and may be required to protect against lateral impact. Wrap style frames are very fashionable while offering good protection from impact from foreign bodies and great overall protection from harmful UV light. Protecting the eye from UV rays is of great importance to those participating in outdoor sports. The harmful rays from the sun can cause great damage to the eyes.
Tint colour choices are subjective. As a general guide.
• Grey provides the most natural colour vision and makes a good general choice.
• Brown enhances contrast and provides a warmer appearance to colours.
• Green filters blue light and enhances contrast in low light condition.